There are Two Sides to Every Story – You Need an Experienced Defence Counsel Telling Yours
The Vancouver Criminal Defence Law Practice of Emmet J. Duncan defends clients charged with any Criminal Code offence and many offences under different Federal and Provincial statutes including the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, the Income Tax Act and motor vehicle statutes including the provincial Motor Vehicle Act. Some of the main Criminal Code offences which Mr. Duncan defends against are as follows:
Driving offences include DUI, impaired driving, over .08 and dangerous driving. Vancouver Criminal Defense Lawyer Emmet J. Duncan has extensive experience dealing with prosecutions under these provisions and defends all such charges.
- Drunk Driving Accident / over .08 (also known as “DUI” (driving under the influence), or “DWI” (driving while impaired)) as well as “refusalquot; offences
- Driving while prohibited / under suspension / while disqualified
- Driving without due care and attention
- Dangerous driving
Criminal offences arise from possession, trafficking and production of drugs such as marihuana, cocaine and heroin.
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Production / cultivation (grow ops)
Numerous charges related to drug possession, trafficking and production exist. You have the right to a knowledgeable criminal lawyer who will persevere for your case.
- Search warrant issues
- Wire tap issues
- Return of seized monies / property
Emmet J. Duncan has a breadth of knowledge on crimes of violence such as aggravated assault, domestic violence, criminal harassment and homicide.
- Spousal assault / domestic violence
- Assault causing bodily harm
- 810 peace bonds
- Assault with a weapon
- Aggravated assault
- Uttering threats
- Murder (First Degree Murder, Second Degree Murder and Manslaughter)
People convicted of sexual offences may be placed on a national sex offender’s registry, creating long-term consequences. Emmet J. Duncan defends clients against sexual assault.
- Accessing / Possession of child pornography
- Sex assault
New provisions related to weapons offences make it difficult to obtain bail hearings and trials. Emmet J. Duncan can defend clients charged with the use or possession of weapons.
- Possession of a prohibited / restricted weapon (including firearms)
Emmet J. Duncan has extensive experience in all of these areas and defends clients of all backgrounds.
- Break and enter
- Possession of Stolen Property